Tuesday, December 09, 2008







These three are some that I really am quite pleased with. While playing Cranium one night I was inspired by a friend and her scribble of... King Kong. Except that I had to, y'know. Do it BETTER. (I'm terrible, I know.) So I went home, did a couple of studies and dove into it feet first.
And on another random note. People, just because I draw and I like to draw and I work to get better at it does not mean I am the natural candidate for drawing... with my eyes closed. Really. George, I'm talking to you.

But, back to the topic at hand. It's in this picture that I realize how much farther I need to come when we talk about my ability to ink. And to draw inanimate objects in general. This is difficult, because I have about as much time as, well. Let's just say I work 11-12 hour days, and my attention span is about, uh. That of maybe a 12 year old preteen's. Said attention span petered out right about the time when I needed to finish up the Empire State Building. I also do blame the lack of photo references from the TOP of the building. You have no idea now many images were from the bottom up.
That said, King Kong!

2 comments:

G L said...

Haha.

G L said...

Everybody on the team had a specialty. Paul's was acting, mine was humming, your's was drawing, and Mike's was...his was guessing, I guess.