Tuesday, December 09, 2008
















Inspiration has struck! And not in the whimsical sort of way where I think to myself that oh, it'd be fun to do this and this and this. Gut-moving, convicting inspiration. The characters felt and spoke and I fiddled and world built in every spare moment and then some.

The synopsis: Our heroine is an android- a created machine. Like most of her kind when abandoned, she's had her memories wiped, and a new set of programming uploaded. In this case, she's destruction itself- her owners send her out to kill people. And even amongst the myriad number and types of machines out there, she seems to have a certain gift for it. But she's different in more ways than one. She feels and she longs in a way that she knows other machines do not. She wakes up wanting to cry, and not knowing how that is possible.
One day, she's given a remote command to terminate a man- a young one at a university, gifted in the field of artificial intelligence. This man opens her past up for her, and nd this leads her on a journey and down a path to her very creation.
I found my abilities stretched and left wanting- I KNOW what I want it to look like and I know what I want to portray, but there's a vast difference between that and what is actually shown on the paper. Now if I actually manage to finish some of these pieces and do a proper study and concept we might possibly get going on this.
Someday.

No comments: